Taking life at your own speed limit...

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

For my first post of 2021 I wanted to share a part of my life that I think people will also be experiencing at some point.

Last week, I kind of hit a breaking point where I felt like I was behind, like I wasn't at the stage in life that I should be. I see people my age that are beyond successful on social media, buying their dream homes, having a deposit for a dream home, getting engaged or having children and I sit and think, why isn't that me?

I genuinely sat and cried to my sister because I didn't know what would happen next in my life. Throughout my life I have always had stages to go through. I started off in primary school and then high school, I then had to work hard to get into college and then smash my A-levels to get into University and I think it just dawned on me that this is my last ever semester on my undergraduate course, so what happens next? 

After a small breakdown, I had a deep chat about all my feelings. Everything came up from failed past relationships, money, career, houses... you name it and it probably came up but it felt good to actually sit and vent. I've now decided what I want to do next just by sitting and thinking what's best for me.

Life isn't one big timetable that you have to follow, you do what you want when you want because this is your life and you make it what you want!

Yes there are people on your social media getting married, buying their dream houses but that is their stage of life. I know my time will come, I know I'm just not at that stage yet. 

I also sat and thought I'm happy as I am. I have a great set of friends around me, my family are the best family I could have ever been given and I'm actually smashing all my university work so I need to take a step back and be grateful for all the wonderful things around me.

If you feel like this, then one thing I highly recommend doing is creating a mood board. Sit and think of all the things you want to achieve in 2021. But don't be too optimistic, think realistic. What is next in life? 

Some of the key things I put in my 2021 mood board is graduating because that's possibly the main and biggest thing that will happen to me in 2021 and I will celebrate all the years of hard work that I put into my degree. I put food and walks on there because in 2021, I want to be healthy but also not feel guilty for eating a massive pizza. I've put motivational quotes on there to keep me going. The possibilities are endless.

I promise you are not alone, you can do this. We all compare ourselves to other people on social media but look at yourself in the mirror, there is no one else on this planet that is like you! You're so unique, so beautiful and you can do great things.

I am at the right stage in my life, I am about to graduate, I have exciting things to look forward to in my career and the possibilities are endless. I have decided what I want to do next, fingers crossed it happens!

You've got this, all you have to do is take life at your own speed limit!

Love you always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni