Out with the old and in with the new...

Happy New Year everyone!

Long time no see, I feel like it has been forever since I last wrote a blog post. I hope you're all well and have had a lovely couple of weeks celebrating Christmas and the start of a new decade.

I've not posted on here for a few months so I thought I would do a round up of what's been going on in my life and what will be happening in the next coming year.


Looking back over 2019, I'm actually very proud of everything I achieved, not just personally but academically.

The last time I posted I had just gone back to university for my second year on my journalism course and the work load got heavy rather quickly. I didn't have time to breathe with the never ending amount of assignments and news days.


Within my course, I achieved so much. I got a 1st in my radio, video, digital story and shorthand assignments and I feel like I've needed this time off to reflect on the last semester, so much work and dedication which paid off. 

Not only that but I've had so many rewarding journalistic opportunities including attending an event at my university called CJam where I pitched to many industry guests from BBC, ITV and many local news organisations and many others and was lucky enough to gain three placements (BBC Radio Stoke, Reach PLC and Cuffe & Taylor) from pitching an idea. 


In December, I was able to go to the Lancashire Post for a weeks work placement and report on local stories and do a feature piece which is being published in January. So much has gone on its insane.


Not only was university a success for me, last year I travelled around the country and explored cities, I also went on a family holiday to Tenerife which was lovely. 


So this year, I am going on holiday three times, which I am so excited about... I want to travel this year and see more of the world around me. I'm going to my favourite place, Tenerife, twice and a hen do in Spain. All so exciting.


I worked so hard to fundraise in 2019 and I want to do so much more in 2020, I want to help others.


In 2020, there are many things I would like to achieve. I have a GOOD feeling about this next coming year. I've set myself some goals; boost my blog and Instagram, smash my exams at uni and progress onto year three, eat healthy and look after my body. I also want to hit a reading goal of 60 books this year, I reached 40 last year!


No matter how hard 2019 was... I am thankful to be healthy, that my family and friends are healthy and that no matter what, I'll always have them by my side.

I would love to know what you are all hoping to achieve in 2020. I have a feeling it's going to be a good one!

Love always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni