Autumn... my favourite time of the year


Crisp autumn walks, pumpkins and squashes, crunchy leaves under your feet, movie nights, colour schemes and all things pumpkin spice latte and tea. The heating is on, thick duvets have made a return, cosy socks are the only thing that keeps my feet warm. Well, autumn is well under way and that means it's okay to talk about Christmas, doesn't it? 

Autumn has to be the best time of year for me.

Personally, the number one thing that has to come first in my favourites is Starbucks treasured autumnal drink... The Pumpkin Spice Latte. I mean, I can never get enough of the festive drink. The pumpkin spice latte makes every day better, well less colder haha. I think my most favourite thing about it, is that I'm always going to coffee shops with my two besties back home to grab it. We always meet up, or I tend to pick them up now that I have a car, and we just chat about our lives. It genuinely just makes this time of the year so special and nice. Honestly if you have never tried it, you need to, it is literally heaven in a cup.
Seeing as were on the topic of pumpkin spice, another favourite of mine are the scented candles and air fresheners that you can buy, I'm currently loving Glade's Spiced apple and cinnamon air freshener, it makes the room smell so autumnal and fresh, I just love it.

Secondly, I love when this time of year comes round because that means I can dig into my wardrobe and find my oversized sweaters, my big coats and jeans. Oh and I can't forget, my trusty leggings.
I've recently been out shopping and picked up a few new bits that I'm loving.
First of all, this beaut scarf, you can literally pair it with any outfit. It's so comfy and oversized, so it definitely keeps you warm and cosy. The colour of it also matches the colour scheme that I tend to associate with autumn; the burnt oranges and the browns. The price of it too is so affordable, at just four pounds, you can't really complain.

I just love the colours!
I'm also loving this sweater with the zip detailing, its so super comfy and the oversized feel makes it so easy to wear. The burnt orange colour screams autumn to me and I just couldn't resist picking it up.


What I love about autumn is, one day you can step outside and the trees are starting to look bare or have these beautiful coloured leaves. I love how nature looks in autumn. The idea of wearing no makeup, chucking a hat on and a puffy coat and just going on an autumn walk in the park is so nice. I love photography so this time of year makes the best pictures due to the amazing colours within the scenery, here at uni and at home. I just LOVE the crisp crunch of leaves under my feet!



Lastly, I love Halloween and Bonfire night. I think the idea of dressing up and going out with friends to parties or to clubs and to just enjoy having a night where it is acceptable to dress up when you're not a child anymore. I think I love Bonfire night more though. Fireworks are amazing, I love watching them in the sky, all the pretty colours come to life and even having a go myself by playing with sparklers and writing my name really quickly. Chocolate apples and even toffee apples are a yearly tradition, they taste sooo good. I think the smell of the bonfire and all the hot food to tuck into is the best part for me, that's when I know that my birthday and Christmas are just around the corner and I'm so extremely excited for the festivities to begin...

I hope this gives you some inspiration, and I'm so sorry for the very lengthy blog post, I get so carried away.

Let me know what your favourite season is down below and why. 

Thanks for reading and stay tuned,

Chloe x 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni