Goodbye to second year... hello to third year!

Hi everyone!

How have you all been? Long time no see, Covid 19 has been a nightmare to say the least and life dramatically changed during the second year of uni but never the less, here I am!

Second year ended back in June which is pretty late considering originally I should have finished at the start of May but life changed and all my university classes and exams were put online.

Fast forward to now and I am about to start the final year of my journalism degree... it's rather scary that this time next year I will either be in employment or starting another journey in my career.

University for me ended up being really successful during the pandemic because I smashed my exams getting two A's and a B and also passing my 80 words a minute shorthand exam. Along with lots of encouragement from my parents, especially my mum who continually put messages on the whiteboard in the kitchen. She's amazing!


However, if I could change the circumstances and not let Covid happen I would take that in a heartbeat because I've seen this virus hurt people in so many sad ways and no one deserves to get so poorly.

During lockdown, I put my heart and soul into my revision and all the hard work paid off, so even though I was stuck inside for three months I spent all my time working and studying hard, and I think that's a blessing in disguise for me although my anxiety and mental health was horrendous.

Here comes third year and I am petrified! The nerves are in full force because some classes are remaining online and I am also starting my dissertation which is terrifying!

This year I am looking to do as many placements as possible, be productive as much as I can and enjoy my final year. I also cannot wait for some normalcy, I've spent so much time in the four walls of my house I am so excited to see my friends and get back to the university campus!

I will also endeavour to post more on here, the pandemic took us all by storm and rather than sticking my head into writing on here, I've been reading and spending as much time with my parents as possible because that is so important!

My main focus during the pandemic was trying to keep positive, there is a lot of sadness going round at the moment and I just wanted to find something that made me happy. So, I decided to make a bookstagram account on insta, this really brightened the bad days. I have made such amazing friends online through it and was able to post about my love for reading. So it was definitely a win, win!!

     

BOOKSTA

I've missed this though, sitting down and typing away and sharing with you all my thoughts and goals. 

I can't wait to see what's to come in the future and to share it all with you guys!

Love always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni

Taking life at your own speed limit...