Stepping out of your comfort zone:

Hi, Hi,

I hope you are all doing well. 

Recently I purchased an orange denim jacket and honestly it's such a big step out of my comfort zone but I absolutely love it.


This post is all about how to combat that voice in the back of your head telling you to stick to the neutral colours and instead to just step out of your comfort zone, not just in the clothes department but also makeup and speaking confidently.

Being your own person is a big thing for me because I have often not been the person who steps out of her comfort zone because I find it so hard. I often feel like people are looking at me and judging me or thinking I look weird in a certain outfit. 

Well recently I have stepped out of my comfort zone and I feel like I should give you guys some advice on how to get out there and live your life to the fullest. I still lack confidence but in some ways my confidence has flourished since being at uni.

So, first of all, the orange denim jacket...


I bought this beauty at a vintage fair my uni was hosting in the student union a few weeks back and I loveeee it! I think it's the perfect step out of my comfort zone due to the colour. So far I've worn it once to do a photoshoot in the park and some christmas shopping and I'm definitely loving the amount of confidence I've gained just wearing it in public. 

To me its all about embracing the pop of colour!!

Secondly, I have loved venturing out with the eyeshadow colour I use. I've always loved pink eyeshadows and when Urban Decay released their Naked Cherry Palette I was super obsessed... which if you've read my beauty faves post you'll know how much I love it. I genuinely have fallen in love with pink eyeshadow and for some reason I've noticed that when I wear the pink shades my eye colour looks more green than brown / hazel... weird haha.



A few years back I bought a metallic nail polish from Essie and I loveeee the colour. So when I was out and about Christmas shopping (mostly for my mum because she's been spoilt this year haha) I picked up a new nail varnish which is also metallic and it's this beautiful orange and pink shade... at first I wasn't a huge fan when I did my nails but then my opinion quickly changed and I love it so much.


Lastly, I think a major step out of my comfort zone is talking to new people and speaking confidently. I've always struggled in situations where I have to speak to new people and present presentations at the front of class, my anxiety levels hit the roof. But since being at uni my confidence to talk to new people has really grown. I've made so many wonderful friends who I know i'll share so many memories with for the rest of my life. Honestly I can't emphasise this enough, speak to people and get out there. Go to uni and have the best experience of your life, it changes you so much, I've only been here since September and already I feel like I've grown as a person for the better and even though I was already quite mature for my age, I feel even more mature since being here.


So if you only do one thing today... make sure it's stepping out of your comfort zone in some way... make a new friend, buy an outfit that isn't normally your go to outfit to buy, doing something you wouldn't normally have the confidence to do and embrace it.

You've got this, if I have... then so do you.

Thanks for all the positivity always,

Chloe x

Comments

  1. Orange is the colour of happiness. You look beautiful. Other people's thoughts are their own and your are your keep them happy. You are making your family so proud. We love you x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni

Taking life at your own speed limit...