University Room Tour: Year Two:

I'm back! Happy Thursday, I hope you're all having a lovely week. 

This week for me has been the worst week ever and I'm so glad its almost the weekend because I need a rest from uni and I need to have some fun. 

As you can tell by the title, today's blog post is all about my university flat and what it looks like! Last year I lived in an accommodation that I liked but definitely did not love. It was small, so so so unmodernised and I had to share a bathroom and I will never ever put myself through that again haha.

This year I'm living in the Tramshed which is privately rented to students of UCLan and its a dream. It feels like home when I'm away from my family and that is exactly what I needed.

So first of all my desk area.


I love this area because it is where I spend most of my time working and getting things done on my to do list.

The photo wall is my favourite part of my desk area because if I'm feeling sad and homesick I just look at all the amazing pictures and memories of my family and know they are only a phone call away.

The lighting in this area of my room isn't the best because the window is positioned to the side of the desk so I have to use my lamp all the time if I want some more lighting which is the only downside of my room layout. 

On my desk I keep my perfumes, coasters which I love from IKEA, my diary which stays at home and my mirror. Little bits all over the side that I know I use frequently. 

Then comes the shelves just above the desk. On here, I have all my uni folders and books, I like keeping them in an organised place so I can grab them and put them in my uni bag when I need them. Nice and convenient.

I then have a shelf full of books I haven't read yet. I love this shelf because it has so many good books that I am dying to read. I love a good book and I tend to go for the romance side of novels rather than the non fiction but I am loving This is going to hurt by Adam Kay.... read it. 

The last shelf is just full of random bits. I have a cookbook which I got as a pressie for christmas and it has some lovely recipes in there. I also have a huge stack of paper on this shelf which will probably get used for revision but we shall see, I keep going home and doing my printing so I may owe my dad some paper at some point lol.

Next are the drawers under my desk. These are FULL of stationary... pens, pads, folders, document folders and everything else! So much stationary. 


So in the top drawer, I have some random bits. So snacks, lots of crisps because I don't trust leaving them in my kitchen haha. This drawer is just one of those drawers that has all the random crap in it, like I could make a list of all the things in here but it would take me forever.


Second and third drawers have stationary items and thats it. I have too many notebooks but sorry a girl can never have enough pens and paper... well thats my motto.



Next is my bed area. I love the headboard of my bed because I have cute fairy lights and flowers. My absolute favourite flowers are sunflowers, so I picked up these fake ones from Wilko (I think so anyway haha).




They make my room look so pretty and I tried to go for a pink theme this year so the vases match my cushions on the bed. This is probably my favourite area of my room because I have my photo frame of my nanas dog who was my absolute best-friend growing up. 

I also like this area because it just makes the room come to life. I love it! Super cosy area of my room. 

Then is my long length mirror which is something I really needed last year and I'm so glad I now have one on my wall so I can check to see how my outfit looks for the day. I'm the least vain person but sometimes I like to look in the mirror to check if I actually look decent hahaha, just as much as the next person does.


My wardrobe is a great size this year. Last year I had the smallest wardrobe known to man so to have a double wardrobe this year is fab and has come in handy for all the clothes that I have. I did not realise I had so many clothes until I unpacked them hahaha.


Lastly, is my bathrooooom. Yes yes yes I have my own bathroom. Super excited for this. There isn't much I can say about the bathroom because its pretty basic, it has a sink, toilet and shower but I love how I've set out my makeup and I am soooo glad I can now not worry about sharing a toilet with someone else!



Anyhow I hope you have enjoyed my little room tour. I have noticed that you all love my uni related content so there will definitely be more coming... let me know if there are any blog posts you would like to see.

Love you always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni