University: Would I recommend it?

Many students are at the stage I was two years ago. Deciding whether they want to go to university or if they want to go straight into a job or even an apprenticeship. 

I have always wanted to go to university, its been a dream of mine since being a child and I'm finally here and already in my second year. Time goes so quickly.


So the big question is... is university really worth it?

Personally to me the answer is a big yes. 

Everyone has different experiences at university whether your experience is about making friends or going on a night out; they are great experiences but also university itself is such an amazing experience. 

When deciding on the university I wanted to go to, I made sure I chose one where I felt at home. This was a big factor in my decision making because I'm so close to my family and I've only ever lived with my mum and dad so to go from living with them to moving away I knew it would affect me and I needed all the home comforts I could get. 


Another factor I took into account was the actual course itself. I looked at many universities all over the country and UCLan was probably the only one I thought I'd get something out of the course studying Journalism. 
On the open day I felt like the tutors were all for the students, wanting to guide them and support them on their university journey. Not once did I feel like I was doing the course for them... they call us student journos, treat us with respect and like we're on the same wavelength. They are never patronising and I think that is the best environment to be in when you're studying. 


There are many factors students should think about when they decide to go to university:
- Is it the right university for you? Course wise.
- Do you feel at home?
- Do you feel happy?

I chose the university based on my gut feeling and that's such an important factor too.

This is just my opinion. I think university was one of the best decisions I've ever made; I've made the most amazing friends, met some amazing people and I've made memories I'll cherish forever. The question is now for you... do you think university is for you?

Love always,



Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni