Finding motivation during a pandemic...

Hey all, I hope you're all keeping safe and healthy.

I thought I'd do a little post about life during this pandemic. Keeping your mental health positive and having productivity is a whole lot harder during this time and it can often feel like we're all spiralling into an unproductive and sad time.

But that's okay.

Feeling unproductive, unmotivated and somewhat down is okay. You can't sit and have a good day everyday. We're in the middle of a pandemic and while we all want to carry on as normal it is extremely difficult when we can no longer leave our homes. I've sat here for the last week and on and off felt so unproductive, sad and down and somewhat feeling like I am not doing enough work.

But again, it's okay because I know that really I have tonnes of work to do and as long as I do some each day and have some small successes all is good.


When you think about it, you are being productive everyday even if it is the smallest of tasks. 

We are all living through a time that no one ever thought we would. My mum has never encountered a situation like this in her life and she is fifty-one years old. Keeping safe and looking after your loved ones and staying home is being productive in itself because you are stopping the spread of the virus and you're looking after yourself.

"Reward yourself on the little tasks, as well as the big"


Look after you. Whether that's waking up in the morning and going for your daily hour of exercise, or baking or reading a new book. Do something everyday that makes you happy and makes you feel like you've completed something.

I've set myself a timetable. I'll get up in the morning, read in bed, study in the garden till lunch, eat and try and get at least two topics revised for the day, do some of my assignment due in, in May and then relax for the remainder of the day. 

I've taken up knitting, reading, baking and jigsaws in the space of five weeks and also skin care. I have loved this time being home just because I can look after me and have all the self care. 


I really didn't look after myself at uni and now I am at home spending all my time with my parents and feeling so close to the people I love (sisters and nephews just around the corner even though I can't see them 😔). I can't see my boyfriend and I miss him so much but I know it will make it even more special next time I see him.

Please look after yourselves. This pandemic is crazy and we don't know how long it will go on for, but one things for sure, no matter what you are doing today, or tomorrow, as long as you do one thing each day off your to-do list then you're being productive and smashing the day!
We all need to be kinder to ourselves, especially during this time when things are so uncertain. You're allowed days where you feel like you can't get out of bed and you're allowed days where you want to cry at anything and everything but you are also allowed to enjoy this time, spend time with the people you live with, call your loved ones and keep safe.

You are doing amazing and this will all be over before you know it, keep strong and keep safe!

If I can do it so can you!

Love you always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni