Ten things to do during Corona Virus lockdown

Hi everyone,

How are you all? I've not been on here for a while but now I am stuck looking at the same four walls every single day for the foreseeable I thought I would share with you what I am doing during this stressful and boring period!

Since the last time I wrote on here so much has gone on, not just in my life but everywhere. Corona Virus couldn't have come at a worser time in my life really but I am so thankful that I am healthy and so are my family.
I hope you're all keeping safe and keeping indoors so we can try to combat this dreadful disease!

Anyway, I have been doing so many little things to try and keep myself sane, my mental health has really taken a hit since we had to start self isolating so to keep distracted, here are ten things to do during lockdown.

ONE:
READ A NEW BOOK:


I know some of you probably don't like reading but for those of you like me who love to read, this is the perfect opportunity to finally read the books that have been collecting dust on your bookshelf for the last few months.
I love reading and this is a no brainer activity for me to do in my spare time because I have a huge pile of books that I can't wait to read... so personally for me this isolation thing isn't so bad!

TWO:
GET YOUR HANDS ON DISNEY +:



I am obsessed with Disney +. 
This is by far the best thing I have bought ever. Disney + is a streaming app that lets you watch unlimited Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic films and shows.
So far I have watched all of the High School Musical films and the High School Musical series, Hannah Montana the movie, the Lizzie Mcguire movie and soooooo much more.
It is so worth the money!

THREE:
COLOURING BOOKS:



This is a fab one, well it has been for me as I've found it so relaxing and I love some self care. I've found this really helpful to stop me from overthinking the current situation and to stop me from being so bored once I've finished all my uni work.

FOUR:
REORGANISING YOUR BEDROOM:




I find this so refreshing. When I came home from uni last week I had to unpack all my cases and boxes as living in a flat was finally over. This was such a good time user. I was able to reorganise my wardrobe and move my bed and furniture around. It was a proper spring clean. This is perfect to not only clean your room or house but to also clean your mind mentally.

FIVE:
NINTENDO DS/SWITCH:


I love my Nintendo. 
So many people have a Nintendo Switch and I have always wanted one but at the minute I've been using my Nintendo 2DS. I've been playing Nintendogs, Super Mario, Super Mario Party and Mario Kart. 
This is such a good idea for someone who loves playing video games!

SIX:
THE SIMS 4:

Sorry but who doesn't love Sims.
I don't know why I ever stopped playing this game. I have fallen in love with it all over again.
This is the perfect time filler. I was playing this the other night in bed and completely lost track of time. 

SEVEN:
WATCHING NETFLIX OR YOUTUBE:




I love a good new series or re-watching a show. Me and my family have just finished watching The Stranger. It was the perfect show and I totally recommend it. The ending was fab and I really hope there will be another season.
Also its a good time to catch up on all your favourite YouTubers because I have had so many assignments I've not been able to keep up with YouTube but now I have the perfect excuse to get cosy with a hot drink and my favourite series.
If you would like an updated Netflix recommendations blog post, let me know :) 

EIGHT:
BAKE SOMETHING DELICIOUS:



I loveeeeeeee baking!!
Anything with chocolate or vanilla is the perfect treat for someone like me.
Me and my mum made a chocolate cake and a lemon cake the other evening and they tasted so so good! 
Baking is a great way to get creative but also clear your mind.

NINE:
ORGANISE YOUR MAKEUP DRAWS:



I have needed to clear out my makeup draws for the longest time and now I have no excuse not to do it. 
I don't know about you but my makeup draws get so dirty from all the products that I just put away. Also, I have so much makeup that it is so good to be able to get rid of makeup that is out of date. 
I love a good clear out!

TEN:
CRACK OUT THE BOARD GAMES/DO SOME SELF-CARE:




I love Monopoly and many other board games and honestly, I think this is what I'm most excited about. Even though I'm with my parents all day everyday because of the pandemic, I love spending time with them and this kind of activity brings us all together and I love that!
Me and my mum are suckers for a good puzzle!
Self care is essential during this pandemic, you need to keep your mind healthy as much as you can. I recommend a nice bath or a pamper day!! Get some fresh pj's on and a face-mask and watch a cute rom-com.

Anyway, I hope you have all enjoyed this post and it has given you ideas on what to do now that Corona is here for a while.

Keep safe and try to keep positive! 
To all of those who are fighting this virus, keep strong and for those who we have sadly lost, my thoughts go out to all of their families!

Love always,

Chloe xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni

Taking life at your own speed limit...