Five books I've been loving during lockdown

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all well and somewhat coping during these uncertain times and also keeping safe at home. I just want to say a huge thanks to all of those frontline workers and key workers who are looking after all of us during this crap time! The whole nation thanks you!

Of course, whilst being on lockdown I have had a lot of time on my hands. At first, I had so much time to relax in the garden in the sun but got the news that uni exams were still going ahead so I've literally spent all my time revising for politics but I've also had tonnes of time to READ!


As many of you know, I love a good book and so far this year I have read 19 books - currently on my 20th book which is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (I am loving it).

On this blog post I thought I would recommend to you five books I have absolutely loved so far this year.

1) Any of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling


I am obsessed with Harry Potter. This is the first year I have ever read them and I know, I know that's ridiculous but I was just never interested but honestly, these books are amazing. The detail and the cliffhangers are flawless and I can't wait for lock down to be over so I can watch the films with my boyfriend!
I bought the rest of the series yesterday so I can get stuck in and read them but so far I have read the first two and I just can't get enough of them. They are just so GOOD.

2) Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott



Wow. This novel is heartbreaking and so real. Life is so unexpected; full of love, happy memories and friendship and an illness can change the course of your life in a heartbeat. This book is stunningly written and it reminded me so much of the Fault of Stars and how things just end. Love, love, love!

3) My Sister, The Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite



This was such a quick and great book to read whilst relaxing in the sunshine. I loved this, it is a completely different genre to what I would normally go for but it was so good, and it just goes to show that blood is thicker and water. If you're looking for a drama filled novel that hooks you, this is for you!

4) The Places I've Cried in Public by Holly Bourne



This was such a relatable novel. It was so pure and so realistic and I loved that I could relate to the main character. The author used scenarios that happen day to day in relationships and it really touched on controlling relationships and relationships that are not healthy. I'm so glad that I read this and highly recommend Holly Bourne, the author too, because her writing about mental health is flawless.

5) Verity by Coleen Hoover


I have recommended this a few times recently but I was told about this book from my bestie Ruby and I love it. This is the best book I have read in 2020. I don't have a favourite book but this is definitely one of my all time faves. It is a romantic thriller and the storylines and cliff hangers make this book SO SO good. Coleen Hoover is a great author with a huge collection of books including Regretting You.

These are all the recommendations I think you should give a go during lock down if you're looking for something to get stuck into!

Let me know if you give any of them a go or if you have any recommendations for me on my twitter @chloewils23

Love you always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni