Two years since Amsterdam...

Do you ever get such holiday blues from a previous trip?

I went to Amsterdam two years ago yesterday and I'm having such nostalgic feels. Amsterdam is definitely a place I need to go back to, whether it is staying in the same hotel or eating at the same restaurants. There are so many more things and places I want to explore!


So this is a little nostalgic post about Amsterdam; all the places I visited, where I stayed, what food I ate and all the beautiful houses...

The Hotel:


When we decided on the place we wanted to stay at, we wanted something cheap and cheerful. Hotel Espresso was so close to Dam Square which was great because all the touristy locations and shops were in the centre so it made it so convenient. The hotel itself was so nice! The family room was such a great size, really comfortable beds and a mirror on the wall. Also the bathroom had a really nice shower. Also as an added extra, in the lobby area they offered free coffee and tea and if you wanted they offered a breakfast buffet. Will defo go here again!

Exploring:

We visited many places whilst away. Including the Anne Frank House, which was such an amazing place in Amsterdam, you feel so connected with history and everything that happened in the second world war. Honestly if you go to Amsterdam you must visit this place. However, make sure you book in advance or you may be waiting a while to get inside, the queues are often very long!



We also visited many markets which all had such amazing things to buy; tulips, bags, traditional dutch products and there was a Christmas shop at one of the markets and it was beyond amazing, such a traditional dutch shop that sold the clogs!



We also looked around a massive shopping mall and painted an elephant which was nice and counts as a great memory of the place. Which I have in special place on my window sill.


The Van Goph museum was amazing. Such beautiful pieces of work on display to have a look at, the gift shop wasn't too bad either.


The I Amsterdam sign, this was probably one of my favourite places for pictures in Amsterdam, was so so nice! Honestly, this is the traditional place to visit whilst there, but I think it has now been removed, insert sad face.


Vondelpark:
This was my favourite day out. We rode bikes all around the park and it was so fun. Bikes are like cars in Amsterdam, they have to stick to different sides of the road even when in a park, so strict!

Food:
The food in Amsterdam was so so good, the pancakes, the dutch sausages, omg I can't forget the hard rock cafe food, the best burger and chips I've tasted, love it!!



Also, the food from the bakery... dutch bakeries are amazing, they have the nicest waffles and biscuits going, make sure you head there.

There were a few things I still want to do when I head back...
I would love to go on the swing that is so high up over the canals, I'm not a huge fan of heights but you know it would be such a great experience. 
I would like to explore more around different areas of Amsterdam, not just within the centre areas. 
For the laughs I would like to go to the sex museum, you can't go to Amsterdam and not go there, so definitely next time!

If there is anything you would like to know about my trip to Amsterdam, please leave a comment or head over to social medias for a chat...

@chloeoliviawilson - Snapchat
Chloe Wilson - Facebook page

Love you always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni

Taking life at your own speed limit...