How I keep organised at University:

Since being at uni I have come across many areas that keep me organised whilst at university. University is completely different to college so the organisation tips are slightly different. Getting yourself organised when there are assignments and deadlines looming, will save you so much time and stress.

With so much going on in your life at once, its easy to lose track of important tasks and when they are due in!

So here are my five tips to staying organised:

1: To-do lists: 


The best thing about a to do list is the sense of achievement when you mark off that you have completed the tasks you needed to do. Even the littlest of tasks makes you feel like you have accomplished something, even if you've been sat lounging around on your laptop, you still feel like you achieved something great.

I like to spread my tasks across a couple of days so that I don't feel like I have a load of pressure to complete everything at once. You're still on track to complete all the work you intended. Put them in order of importance.

2: Diary:


As soon as I get an assignments or work to do, I put it straight into my diary. Using a diary helps you keep track of everything coming up, you can even give yourself warnings so that you know that something is due in relatively soon for example: 'due in one week from now.' 

It reduces your stress because you know once you have completed all the tasks in the diary, you have completed all the work you needed to do.

3: Don't panic:

Just keep calm. Panicking will not help out your stress levels and it will ultimately reduce your work commitments. If you get stressed out you're more likely to feel like giving up. 
Ultimately you need to tackle one assignment at a time, juggling multiple tasks at once won't be useful.
Also, it is okay to say no. If your friends want to hang but you have too much work to do, simply say no. There will be other opportunities to hang with them, but your assignment deadline won't change.
If you have a deadline coming up that you're struggling with, and a friend asks you for help – it's ok to say you can't do it, don't feel like you have too. That's what tutors are there for anyway!

4: Get enough sleep: 


University has been such a struggle to get some sleep. People are constantly banging around you, especially one of your flat mates will be. I can't stress enough how important this tip is. You wont feel motivated if you're tired. You need to be well rested and alert to take the best class notes possible. You don't want to risk missing your class either!

5: Having folders:


I don't think I have ever felt more organised. I compartmentalised my handouts, revision and assessment sheets into multiple folders for different sections of my degree. I feel like I can access any of work when I need to without stressing that I can't find it.
It saves you so much time when finding what you need, this is essential!!


I hope this helps to keep you organised at uni. It can be a bumpy road but it will all be worth it in the end. If you have any tips for me, leave them in the comments.

Chloe x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni

Taking life at your own speed limit...