2019: My Bucket List of Books - January:

Hey you lovely lot,

Sorry for the inconsistency on the blog recently. Due to me being at home, I've really relaxed and got on with work and not had time to write, which really is a crappy excuse.... I'm sorry.


Anyhow, I'm introducing a new series on here for you guys. In 2018 I didn't read many books because I didn't have the time; I was at the end of my a levels and stress levels were high and then I started uni. So it was a blur. But gosh I loveeeee reading!

So one of my ambitions for 2019 is to read more and set myself some goals when it comes to sitting down and reading a good book. Once a month I'll sit down and write a blog post on all the books I want to read and the ones I actually read I will give a lil review, so then if you have no idea what you want to read next... you can get some inspo from this.

I hope you love the series and you can gain something from it... here goes!

First of all...

The books I want to read:

1) Letters to the lost by Bridgid Kemmerer: 


I picked up this book in 2018 and I didn't get the chance to read it, I've seen so many reviews on it. So I wanted to give it a read. The blurb says it all. The love story of two people meeting through letters and through email and they have no idea that they know each other in real life. I've already started it and I love it! Honestly I can't keep it down, I completely recommend it! 

2) One Day in December by Josie Silver: 

I started reading this in the November of 2018 and I didn't end up finishing it because I didn't have time due to festivities. But the amount I've read of it is already really good. Don't worry, I never read two books at the same time but you know, I stopped reading that and then picked up Letters to the lost. This is a story about love at first sight... a woman on the bus and a man at the bus stop, the bus drives away... will they ever see each other again?

3) You by Caroline Kepnes:


I am obsessed with the series of this! It's so creepy and weird and I'm not going to lie I feel like someone is now watching me lol but when I saw they had released a book I couldn't wait to buy it. I love watching and reading the same thing. Sometimes a story can be presented completely different to the way it is shown through camera. You create your own character. Anyway, super excited to give this a read!

4) The tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris: 

I've seen so many people rave about this book and I'm shocked that I've not read it. But in the next month I will! I just generally want to see what the hype is all about. A man who tattoos serial numbers on the arms of people at the camp.

5) Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold: 

After so many years, I am finally intrigued to read the Lovely bones. I have watched the film many of times but like I've said previously, a novel tells a completely different story than a film does. I want to create my characters and feel the emotion which may seem weird to some of you but that's the whole idea of reading isn't it?

6) Lastly, I want to read the Greatest Showman book that they have recently released. 



I got this for Christmas and I absolutely love the Greatest Showman so to know how they created it and what went on behind the scenes is so interesting to me. I'm such a book nerd! So far I've flicked through and read a little and honestly the drawings and pictures are stunning!

Reviews; These will come once I have finished my first month so keep your eyes peeled and watch this space! I will let you know how I get on with my reading this month!

If you want anymore series, leave a comment or get in touch with me on twitter @chloewjourno, this is my journalism account.

Lots of love always,

Chloe xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Travel Playlist:

Taking life at your own speed limit...

How I keep myself motivated with Online Uni